Florida Python Challenge® Toolkit
Are you a registered participant in the Florida Python Challenge®? As a registered participant, you will have already taken the required Online Training, however additional resources are available to help you prepare. Below are important links to information and tools you’ll need when removing pythons during the competition:
- Prepare for the competition and plan your route with participating area maps.
- Get rules and important information for participating management areas during the competition by viewing management area brochures.
- Florida Python Challenge® participants are reminded to conserve the biological diversity of participating public lands during the competition. Learn about respecting the Everglades.
- Learn the best ways to search for and safely capture Burmese pythons by viewing these educational videos on Searching for Pythons and Safe Capture of Burmese Pythons.
- If you want to hire a guide to gain hands-on experience looking for Burmese pythons in the field, visit the outfitters and guides page for more information.
- Caught a Burmese python during the competition? Find the check station location closest to you.
- If you are turning in a Burmese python, you will need to be aware of the official Florida Python Challenge® check station locations and hours of operation. Detailed information on check station locations and their hours of operation can be found in the competition rules.
- Remember to include all required information with each Burmese python you turn in by filling out the data sheet.
- Pythons must be humanely killed and turned in dead from all participating areas during the Florida Python Challenge®. Participants capturing Burmese pythons must follow the required information found in the document on humane methods for killing pythons.
- All Florida Python Challenge® participants need to be able to properly identify Burmese pythons. Learn how to properly ID native and nonnative snakes in Florida.
- Turning in a Burmese python during the competition? You may want to read this information on keeping and selling skins.
- Find answers to the most frequently asked questions in our FAQs.
Thank you for helping conserve the Florida Everglades ecosystem — our national natural treasure!